Things to check if your boiler breaks down.
Before calling out a gas engineer for a boiler breakdown carry out these few simple checks beforehand. It may save you a call out!
- Has gas supply been interrupted (gas card problem, gas turned off inadvertently)
- Has electricity supply been interrupted (check the fuse, check fuse board)
- Does boiler have a reset button?
- If the boiler has a permanent pilot light, has it been extinguished?
- Are all controls calling for heat (programmer turned on, thermostats turned up)
- If your boiler is still not responding, please call us on 01243 820795 to arrange an engineer visit.
If you smell gas or suspect a gas escape, please turn off your gas and call 0800 111 999 immediately.